The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the US Government is not a Shylock of Venice to charge you pounds-for-pounds of flesh in an unfair manner. Instead, it is considerate and practical in collection of taxes due to the Government. So you can be assured that if you are honest in accepting your liability of the tax dues, there are many ways to get IRS Tax Debt Settlement Help to arrive at a reasonable settlement.
Many of us are not conversant with the Tax rules and procedures. As such, it is important first and foremost that you get the assistance of a Tax Specialist as consultant to work out a solution to your problems.
Basically it is imperative that you understand what the IRS is keen about. Your tax dues are revenues owed by you to the government and the collection is vested with the IRS. Improper filings of your tax returns; failure to meet the liability of payroll taxes; and not paying the taxes with an intention to cheat – are some of the reasons where you should get IRS Tax Debt Settlement Help.
Broadly, the Tax Debt relief is sought where the following events happen –
– There is doubt about the liability of tax – if the IRS is not certain whether tax is payable by you or not
– There is doubt about the collectability of tax – the IRS is not sure whether you have the ability to pay the tax in full
– By way of effective Tax administration – if you can prove to IRS that you have exceptional circumstances – like loss of documents; total physical disability etc. to prevent you from paying the tax dues in full.
In all such eventualities, the IRS may accept an Offer in Compromise (OIC), which is an agreement to relieve you the debt of payment of taxes.
IRS Tax Debt Settlement Help can be sought after to negotiate a settlement, based on records, with the IRS for payment of the tax dues in a phased manner. In arriving at this way out, your Tax Specialist Consultant has many options for making it acceptable to IRS and convenient to you. They know where the tax laws are flexible or rigid, to work out a practical solution.
Here are some tips to achieve the best results in tax relief:
– Don’t put off filing your tax returns with your true income beyond the deadline – that is 15th April
– Entrust the job of filing your returns with people conversant with the tax laws
– Be honest in declaring your income and availing the appropriate reliefs permissible under the laws
– Beware that all the reliefs claimed require documentary proofs. Therefore allow reasonable time for collection of documents – particularly from your mortgage lenders; educational institutions for payment of fees etc. for your wards; and financial institutions for claiming tax credits. These can go a long way in seeking IRS Tax Debt Relief help from experts.
– The fees paid in getting the IRS Tax Debt Relief help will be more than offset by avoiding penalties and miscalculation of your income by the IRS.
– Children in the family and size of the family merit consideration in availing tax reliefs. Children of different ages have different relief options in the tax levy. There are choices – five this year – in the tax laws for claiming Tax reliefs and don’t forget to make best use of them.
Remember – an expert in rendering IRS Tax Debt Settlement Help – can get you many advantages – working out with IRS an Offer in Compromise; Tax Penalty Abatement; Wage Garnishment Release; and also secure for you different IRS Payment Plans. So it is good for you to get the best IRS Tax Debt Settlement Help.